Where the fun begins
The fun begins at Disney! The memories of taking your kids to Disney World is something they’ll remember for the rest of their lives. Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom are just the tip of the iceberg.
Click the links below to view my tips on each Disney World Park.
Lovejoy’s Disney World Tips
Traveling with little ones can be stressful and unpredictable, especially if you don’t have a plan, so let’s make a plan for each of the Disney World Parks. I put them in order of my personal “must see.”
Things to know before you go:
- Make sure you download the free My Disney Experience app onto your smart phone. It is an easy way to view the grounds, see how long the lines are, claim a ride on your FastPass and make dinner reservations.
- Familiarize yourself with FastPass+. The best thing about FastPass+ is that it is included in your Theme Park admission. It allows you to reserve time to visit attractions, entertainment and Disney Character experiences without waiting in the long lines. You get 3 FastPass+ selections per day. Make sure you register online and link your park admission. At the park, check in at FastPass+ entrances.
- I love the FastPass…but I feel like you miss out on the experience if you don’t see what is behind every corner. For example, the line for Peter Pan’s Flight took them through the story. We went through a hallway with artwork, made it through the town of London, into Wendy’s bedroom and ended up on the ride. With the FastPass+, you miss it. Save your FastPass+ for long lines or second rides.
- Decide if Memory Maker is for you. Memory Maker is a fixed priced package for ALL photos that are professionally taken by Disney photographers. Everywhere you go, staff is walking around with cameras. They take your photo and they scan it to your MagicBand or give you a card. When you get home or the hotel or right there on site, you visit your personalized mydisneyphotopass.com page. With Memory Maker, you can order or download all the prints you want. Without Memory Maker, you still have access to all of the photos, you just have to pay for each photo you wish to print.
- The MagicBands are a great accessory for any Disney goer. You use your MagicBand to enter the Theme Parks, FastPass+, collect your photos from the photographers, purchase food and souvenirs and enter your room if you are staying at a Disney Resort. You automatically get a MagicBand with your stay at the Disney Resort but if you aren’t staying at a resort, one can be purchased (although, it is not necessary). MagicBand-Disney Store
- Special Events
Spring—Epcot® International Flower & Garden Festival
Fall—Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
Holidays—Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, Around the World at Epcot